The characteristic outline of the basilica is provided by the prominent facade, surmounted by a belfry and by the absence of an external apse, according to a type common to many Byzantine and pre-Roman churches in Istria.
The space inside is subdivided into three naves.
The central nave has a raised presbytery, closed off by an apsidal niche, probably C19th.
The two side naves with a barrel vault that overhangs the altar.
The chapel on the left uses as its altar table the Roman tombstone lying on its side, dedicated to C. Iulius Nicostratus. The chapel on the right, instead, houses the tabernacle with the Supper at Emmaus, realised by Carlo Sbisà on the bronze door (1953).